Monday, July 11, 2011

Capable Beauty


Cindi:  "My friend, Danelle, is someone I instantly liked the minute I saw her.  She’s one of those people that you just “click” with and feel like you’ve known them your whole life.   I hadn’t seen her for awhile, so getting to hang out with her during her photo shoot was a treat.  I already had an idea of what I thought made her beautiful, but I learned more while we shared with each other.
I knew her mother had passed away when she was 18, but I didn’t know that she was at Liberty University   and  had only been at school 5 days when it happened.  I’m sure at the time that she wasn’t thinking about God’s sovereign plan for her life, but looking back she can see how God providentially placed people in her life and guided her.  Little did she know that she had met her future husband in those first 5 days at school! 
We asked Danelle to give one word that described what makes her beautiful.  She said “capable”.  As soon as she said it, I knew it was the perfect word!  First you need to know that she is one of those women who always has everything under control, never ruffled.  Sometimes, when I see a woman like that, I think to myself….she probably has 1 or 2 kids and sends them to school and goes to the spa all day.  :-)  BUT, Danelle has SEVEN kids!  Yes, seven.  And her children are amazing!  They’re smart, polite, well-behaved, and respectful.  She has 4 teenagers, an 11, 9, and 8 year-old in the house.  Most people with just 1 or 2 teenagers would say their kids were making their hair turn gray or even fall out, driving them to the insane asylum, sucking the very life out of them.  But her children LOVE her.  We asked the kids what they loved about their mom.  They didn’t even have to think about it.  They had a ton of reasons and could probably have kept going all day!  I think she needs to write a book someday (when she has some spare time…probably after the kids are grown) about raising obedient, loving, Godly children.
Her beauty also comes from her close relationship with the Lord.  Her husband is an elder at their church, and their family ministers to others in the church.  The young mothers are probably knocking her door down to get some parenting advice!"

No comments:

Post a Comment