Monday, June 27, 2011

Broken....to Beautiful


Young, happy, in love.  Then, less than 2 years into a fantastic marriage, your husband passes away from a massive heart attack….and just like that, your world has come to a screeching halt.  This was Jennifer's life.  29 years old and a widow.  She writes:
“That experience really defines me and who I am today: a woman who had to be completely broken and brought through hell on earth in order to realize and truly believe in God's providence for my life. As a result, I am a woman committed to living according to God's plan and purpose. It's because of my faith in a loving, sovereign God that I have complete joy and hope in my future!”
God had plans for her life!!  She has re-married and has four precious boys.  What an awesome testimony of how God can take a heart-breaking, devastating situation and turn it around.  Her lesson is so important.  God knows what we need and will provide.  Even when our situation seems so dark and bleak, God is there.  I am truly blessed to know Jennifer – she radiates inner and outer beauty every time I see her.  
Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(Writing credit: Cindi)

No comments:

Post a Comment