Saturday, October 1, 2011

Goodbye, Beautiful Summer


Well, today is October 1.  As much as I've wanted to hang on to summer, it's gone.  I am not a fan of fall, but I don't really give it a fair shake.  See, really the only reason I don't like fall is because it's just the beginning of my real enemy, winter.  I hate winter.  I hate cold, snow, thick socks, heat pump heat, ice on the windshield (and the locks and the road), bare trees, frozen pipes, and snowmen.  Winter makes me angry, and I'm getting mad just thinking about it.  The only good things about winter are cute boots, Christmas, and not having to shave my legs as much.



  I've already decided that I hate this upcoming winter just as much as I've hated every other winter in my life. But I'm going to try to give this fall a chance.  I'm trying to focus on the good things in fall.  I'm going to try to take the girls to the Peaks of Otter for the 'peak of foliage' and hopefully line up some photo shoots for them there.  I'm going to enjoy a bonfire or two, have some pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee, go to the corn maze, maybe cook up an acorn squash.  I'll try to enjoy it.


Before I do that, though, I wanted to leave you and myself with some images of one of the most fun things we did this summer....the Just the Girls: Real Beauty Tea Party.  A friend let us borrow her backyard and our littlest girlfriends had a blast dressing up, drinking tea, and rocking the runway.  We didn't worry about school or cold or appointments or responsibilities...the only thing we worried about was who was going to get to wear the long, white gloves next!


  Be good to us, Beautiful Autumn.  And goodbye, Beautiful Summer!!





No comments:

Post a Comment