Monday, October 3, 2011

Shiny Beauty


Even though my friend Kim picked the word 'Diligence' to describe her beauty, and I do agree that she is a
diligent person, I have always described her as 'Shiny'.
  Kim is diligent.  She works hard and has a successful career.  She keeps close tabs on her two almost grown sons and puts thought and effort into having a fabulous relationship with her very busy husband.  She serves in her church and spends time cultivating friendships, and she works hard at keeping healthy.  She's a very diligent person!
  Years ago, though, I was describing Kim to someone who had met her but couldn't place her face with her name.  I started with the usual description, blonde hair, Paul's wife, the runner, blah blah blah....and then I thought about it a minute.  "She's shiny!"  I said.  They knew instantly who I was talking about!  Kim is the only person I've ever described as shiny, and it fits her perfectly.  Her hair is bright, her smile is brilliant, and her jewelry is often sparkly, but that's not what makes Kim shiny.  She is kind, tenderhearted, loyal, and generous.  Her eyes sparkle with the beauty that is inside her.  She shines from within, and it makes her countenance shimmer!

Shine on, my beautiful friend!  Shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment