Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beautiful...Brain Bleed?


We've had a traumatic week at the Real Beauty 'Headquarters'!  One of our very own Beautiful Photographers, Faith, fell off a ripstick (skateboard) over the weekend and injured her beautiful brain.  I won't bore you with all the big medical words, mostly because I don't remember them, I'll just say that some of the Beautiful Girls spent the entire night and part of the next day in the ER and then the neuro ICU because Faith's beautiful brain was bleeding.  Don't worry, she's ok...but pray because even though she is not in the hospital anymore she still has to be very careful and still, and not get bumped around.  She'll have another scan on Tuesday to make sure nothing has changed.  It's all her mother can do not to wrap the kid in bubble wrap for the next few weeks.

  There was and is an outpouring of love and prayer for Faith from friends.  Advice, meals, and offers to help the family came immediately after the accident.  We even had an offer to bring games to the hospital in the middle of the night while we were waiting, waiting, waiting at the hospital.  That's some love there.  But the sweetest story I heard  is about Faith's own little brother, AJ.  Here is his picture, and below you can see his sweet story, from Cindi:


Nobody expects to be sitting in the neurological intensive care unit with one of their children. This past weekend was certainly one of the most stressful I’ve had! I have to say, though, that I can so clearly see God’s hand of protection. Also, I can see how many amazing, incredible, helpful, prayerful friends we have.

All of the kids were in the hospital room when the neurosurgeon came in to talk to us about Faith. A.J. was listening to how serious the situation was and was very upset. He was crying and telling Steve that he wished it would have happened to him – he wanted to take Faith’s place. Then, last night, he put a little note on Faith’s pillow. It told her that he hoped she felt better soon and to look under the piece of paper. He had put his wallet with all of his money….everything he has…..there to give her. If you knew the story behind his wallet, you would know how much he loves that thing. So to give the wallet with the money is even more precious. To see one of your children be willing to give up his own life and possessions for another is……….wow……I don’t even know how to describe it. I can see him being a great missionary someday!


It got me thinking about Jesus’s death on the cross. The knowledge of Jesus dying on the cross for me is always here in my head. But I don’t often think about what it took for him…..his willingness to take MY place and give up His own life for me. A.J. loves Faith. She’s his sister; he lives with her and wants to protect her and have her be OK….so it’s easy to understand, to comprehend. But WHAT AMAZING LOVE it is for Jesus to willingly lay down his life for us!! I keep thinking about it – I’m so undeserving of His love and sacrifice…..and so tremendously thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment