Wednesday, August 10, 2011
"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills." ~ Audrey Hepburn
The laughter of women is one of the most beautiful things. I never feel better than when I'm laughing, that deep down joyful laughing! My little nieces, pictured here, laugh like that. They are joyful little girls, and they laugh often. I remember a Christmas gift once, it was something small, but little Anna laughed with joy so much that she had tears in her eyes, and we were laughing just as hard with her at seeing the joy in her heart!
Have you ever spent the day with people you don't know very well, and you spent the whole time fake-laughing? It's exhausting! Why do we do that? I want to be like my nieces and laugh from my heart, from my spirit. Joy is one of those beautiful inner qualities that makes our outside glow, but not when it's fake! Try an experiment that I do a lot. Try to go a whole day without fake laughing. The easiest way to do it is to try NOT to laugh. Real laughter can't be stopped. Then you'll find out what really makes you laugh!
Here are some things that make me laugh, I'd love to hear your list!
1. My son, who is literally the funniest person I know, and my daughter, who is the most beautiful.
2. My Aunt Robin
3. My friend Cindi's birthday songs. She writes them for us to the tune of other songs, so anytime I hear the originals I laugh, too, just thinking about the Cindi-version!
4. The little audio clips my brother sends me of my nephews, who live in Arkansas
5. The pictures Aubrianah takes of babies, some of them are so hilarious that we don't even send them to the mothers. We're worried they will frame it, put it on their wall, and we'll come over sometime and see it and start crying in laughter and they'll get offended.
6. Our dogs.
7. Really high singing. Once, at a church, a lady got up to sing and she had a high, opera-type voice. I started laughing so hard I had to get up and leave. I pretended I was having a coughing fit.
Real laughter is beautiful, and it has been several of our Real Beauty models' 'beauty word'. What makes you laugh? Comment here or on our Facebook page and tell us!
Posted by Ruth Ronk at 9:07 AM