Saturday, August 27, 2011

Beautiful Ending....Almost



May I just take a moment to be proud of these girls?  I know, I know, some of you are just sick of me gushing about them, but just give me this one last chance.
 
  The Real Beauty project is coming to a close.  The blog will continue for a while longer, because Faith and Aubrianah have photographed and interviewed many more beauties that we haven't written about.  But each of the girls took their last official project pictures on Wednesday.  Aubrianah photographed a woman we've known as beautiful for a long time.  She's a pastor's wife, a hiker, a grandmother, an angel collector, and a wonderful and caring woman who has taught both my children (and me) a lot about the Bible.  Faith's last Real Beauty subject is a nurse, young mother, loving wife and sister, and the most compassionate person I've ever known.  What wonderful women to end the project!  Then again, all of the women the girls have spent time with this summer have been extraordinary.

  Both of our beautiful photographers have spent the summer working hard, but I doubt either of them have considered it working.  I'm not sure how many women and girls they photographed, but it has been over 100 for sure.  All that and summer traveling besides, and all the RB shoots were free...they also did paid shoots this summer, with editing and deadlines!  Faith and Aubrianah have had a very full three months!

  When I first assigned them this project, I had no idea how much we'd be blessed by it.  The women we've met, the stories we've heard, the beauty.....I've been moved to tears several times by the beauty.  I hope you have, too.  I was just watching a video Aubrianah made to showcase more of the photos and got all weepy again!

  Anyway, tonight is the  main culmination of the project.  The girls have set up an art show, and tonight is opening night!  You are ALL invited, and if you haven't heard of it or gotten an email or Facebook invitation please message me, send me an email, or write on the Real Beauty Facebook wall and I will give you the details!

THANK YOU, Beautiful Girls, for participating in the project!  And THANK YOU, Beautiful Girls and Guys who may not have had your picture taken but supported Aubrianah and Faith in other ways.  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment