Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Compassionate Beauty


I have a friend I call when I'm feeling sorry for myself and I need to get over it.  She tells me that I'm not going to die and she tells me to quit whining.  I love her.  But sometimes, I need a friend who will feel sorry for me, do a little worrying with me, let me wallow a little, and then nurse my feelings into a better condition.  I love her, too.

Jessica is my most compassionate friend.  Her sweet, gentle spirit is calming when things seem out of hand.  She and her fabulous husband are both nurses, and I can't think of a job more suited to either of them.  They have that servant's heart I've written about before, and that's a fine thing for a nurse to have!

Jessica lives out 2Peter 3:8 'To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit'  She's a peacemaker, she tries to see the other side of an argument, she's patient, she's kind, humble, and she's BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment